8/7/12

Book Haul [6]

It has been a long, long time since I last posted a book haul -- in fact, so long ago that I can scarcely remember which books were included in my last post! 

I read Carlos Ruiz Zafon's Shadow of the Wind last summer on a beach in Montenegro while my husband and I were on our honeymoon.  I LOVED the book, absolutely loved it.  I purchased another of his books a few months ago (The Angel's Game) but then was super excited to see that there was a companion book (The Prisoner of Heaven) to Shadow of the Wind published in July.  Then, when the book arrived, I discovered that all three books are based on the same characters, setting and story, and I'm kicking myself for letting Angel's Game sit on my shelf for so long.  I love his writing and I'm hoping that these second two books captivate me in the same way that Shadow of the Wind did, even without the beach setting.

I also picked up three new books from the library, which I've had on order for AGES...


I've already finished The Immortal Rules, which was just as good as I had hoped it would be (review to come shortly) and am planning to dive into Code Name Verity this evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs