7/10/12

Tune in Tuesday [7] - July 10


Tune in Tuesday is hosted by GReads.  This month's theme for Tune in Tuesday is "What were you listening to when you were a teenager?"  This week, I'm choosing two VERY different songs that I still love today for equally different reasons.

The first is "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls.  This song perfectly encapsulates my junior high years, and brings back memories of myself and four friends dressing up as the Spice Girls (I was Scary Spice, due to my unruly curly hair).  On another occasion, my friends and I decided that we were the Spice Girls that didn't make the final cut -- I can't remember what most of our names were, but I do recall that I was Cinnamon Spice, due to my passion for cinnamon gum.  Oh the wackiness of teenage imaginations!


The second song is Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know."  Is there any other song that more perfectly sums up teenage angst?  (Well, my husband would argue that Nirvana also does, but Kurt Cobain's angst was a) a little before my teen years and b) male so Nirvana therefore doesn't count).  I have still been known to blast this song in the car and sing at the top of my lungs ... before realizing that the person in the car next to me is staring open-mouthed.  (Seriously, true story).


4 comments:

  1. Hahaha I grew up with the Spice Girls (and Backstreet Boys) too, although my fav from Alanis was (and still is) Ironic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great song too -- the lyrics are excellent. I've loved everything that Alanis has done so far, and I'm looking forward to her new album next month!!

      Delete
  2. GIRL POWER!
    I wasn't a huge SpiceGirl fan but.. I knew more than a few of their songs. *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it Eli! And I will fully admit that I crank their songs in the car and belt out ALL the lyrics =P

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs