7/6/12

TGIF [7] - July 6


Happy Friday Everyone!

TGIF is hosted, as always, by Greads.  This week's topic is: Comfort Reads: Which books do you go to for comfort & familiarity?  Is there a type of book you seek out when you're needing that extra bit of comfort in your life?

Hmm... comfort reads is a tough one.  I'm not much of a re-reader (although I'd love to be, but I always find that I'm reading books off my TBR list instead, which grows steadily longer by the day).  But there are some writers that I can always go back to for a guaranteed good read when I'm in need.

Jodi Picoult.  I find that I can't read too many of her books in succession, because the storylines become predictable, yet this is good because I still have several unread books on my shelves.  She's written some of my favourite novels, including Nineteen Minutes.

Sarah Dessen.  Unfortunately, I've read all of her books, but whenever a new one comes out I know that I'm guaranteed to have a great read on my hands.

Lauren Oliver. Again, I've already read all of her books, but each one has captivated my heart and transported me to another place and time.  She's such a beautiful writer that I know I will fall in love with every one of her books.

I could keep going and going, but I'll leave it at three for today.  Which books are YOUR comfort reads?  Leave me a link to your post and I'll stop by!

1 comments:

  1. Those three writers seem to be really popular go-to books if you're looking for quality fiction :) I must admit I've not read much of them, but I do remember reading The Pact and really liking Picoult's storytelling style.

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs