6/26/12

Tune in Tuesday [6] - June 26


Tune in Tuesday is hosted by GReads.  I went to see Snow Patrol in concert at the end of April this year and, after seeing them live, they clinched a spot on the list of my all-time favourite bands.  Prior to seeing the show, Chasing Cars was my favourite of their songs, but they closed with Lifening, which has been on my current iPod playlist for a couple of months now!  I hope that you enjoy both songs -- let me know what you think and leave me a link to your post so that I can stop by!


Chasing Cars -- I originally heard somewhere that he wrote this song about his dog, but then I recently heard that the lyrics are about doing things that are as futile as chasing cars.  Regardless, whose heart doesn't melt at the lyrics "If I lay here / if I just lay here / would you lie with me / and just forget the world?"  *swoon*


Lifening - in this song, Gary Lightbody shares a list of things that that he wants in his life, from kids one day to Ireland being in the World Cup.  The haunting lyrics "This is all I ever wanted from life" gave me goosebumps from head to toe, and I left the Orpheum Theatre feeling like this was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, they're so amazing live!!! I saw them earlier this month (with Ed Sheeran opening! EEEE!) and holy monkey... they're so fantastic! Definitely one of the best shows I've ever been to. :) Thanks very much!

    Here's my Tune in Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And those are definitely two of my top favs... just sayin' :)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs