5/28/12

Top Ten Books that I HOPE Are Still Cool in 30 Years

It's Tuesday, and time for another top ten, hosted by the wonderful folks over at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's theme is interesting ... and a little challenging!  Ten books published in the last ten years, which I hope will still be popular and avidly read thirty years from now... to narrow this down, I've gone with some of my favourite recently published dystopians, mainly because I hope that these dystopian worlds don't become reality, and that people are still reading these types of books in thirty years!


1. Wither & Fever - Lauren DeStefano
2. Legend - Marie Lu
3. Cinder - Marissa Meyer
4. Article 5 - Kirsten Simmons
5. Pure - Julianna Baggott
6. Birthmarked & Prized - Caragh M. O'Brien
7. Delirium & Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver
8. Divergent & Insurgent - Veronica Roth
9. Unwind & UnWholly - Neal Shusterman
(can I just mention how INCREDIBLY excited I am about UnWholly?!?!  The cover looks creeeeepy!)
10. Hunger Games, Catching Fire & Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

6 comments:

  1. oh, dude, you have an awesome set of books on this list! I haven't read Pure, but have it and heard it's good! glad to see you really like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I like the "hope they're still cool" bit.. :P

    Great list! I'm slowly working thru my TBR list.. finally read Delirium, Pandemonium and Divergent.. now need to get to Wither/Fever, and Legend and Insurgent!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Michele | TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read HG and Delirium, but I loved them both. I am sure the rest of your choices are also great. Awesome choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list:) The hunger games are also on my list, never read it yet but love the film:) Its on of the book I gonna check out soon, very soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read Article 5 and the Unwind series. I am also slacking on keeping up with series-I still haven't read Prized or Insurgent! I loved Legend and Cinder; those are great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Legend, Divergent & Delirium! Awesome list.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs