5/25/12

TGIF [1] - May 25

I've seen this meme up on several other blogs, but have finally decided to join in!  Originally, I was doing Follow Friday, but I like that GReads posts the questions ahead of time ... because I'm organized like that =)

This week's theme is: Show Me Your Cover: What are some of the worst book covers, but hold some of the best stories inside? Don't be embarrassed, show us your cover!

I'll admit that I will fully judge a book by its cover.  In fact, I've been lured into reading some books purely because of their covers, only to be sorely disappointed by what's inside.  When I look through my favourites shelf, and my recently read books, two covers jump to mind.


While I wouldn't say that the cover of Legend is terrible or anything, I most definitely would not have picked this book up if it hadn't been for Jaime @ The Perpetual Page Turner's rave reviews.  And boy am I glad I did -- a dystopian loosely based on Les Miserables?  Oh YEAH!  This book was so, so, SO good! 

On a separate note, I've just seen the cover on Goodreads for Prodigy, book 2 in the series, and it's much, MUCH better.


I looked through all of the covers for A Fine Balance on Goodreads and they're all equally uninspiring; however, inside this book is a story of epic proportions.  This book was originally recommended to me by a coworker at Bolen's when we were swapping "best book you've ever read" stories one quiet evening, and I was just sorry that I didn't read it sooner when I still worked there and we could have discussed it afterwards.






How about you?  Have you ever picked up a book that didn't look all that exciting based on the cover, but found a hidden treasure inside?  Leave me a link and I'll come visit!

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to stop by after reading your guest post at Into The Morning Reads-such a sweet proposal story!

    While the cover for Legend isn't my favorite, I think it's pretty good but then the covers I hate are the ones with people in awkward positions and staring out at the reader-creeps me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, and for your super sweet comment! I'm working on a longer version of our story, and hope to have it posted here soon!

      And I totally agree with you -- covers with people staring out at me are quite creepy!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs