5/31/12

May Re-Cap

It's seems like just yesterday that I was working on my April re-cap post, yet here I am writing about the month of May.  It seems like this month has just flown by, but I'm happy to report that summer appears to have arrived early on the West Coast, which we usually nickname the Wet Coast, due the overwhelming amount of rain that we receive!  It's been gloriously sunny the majority of the month of May, which is great for walking at lunch time at work and, of course, reading outside in the sunshine!

I took two mini-trips this month.  One by bus to visit one of my bestest friends for her 30th birthday, and the second by ferry to visit my parents (my dad's birthday and Mother's Day were on the same day this year!)  June is shaping up to be a little quieter and it'll be nice to have some weekends at home for a change.  While I received my copies of both Insurgent and City of Lost Souls last month, I STILL haven't read either of them!  Hopefully, with us sticking around a little more next month, there will be time for me to read both.  I've also placed my very first orders with The Book Depository (this could become a big addiction!) and am looking forward to receiving my copies of Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson and Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout.

May was my second month participating in Random Acts of Kindness.  Due to my weekends away, I didn't jump in until later in the month, but sent a copy of Legend to Andra @ Unabridged Andra.  I hope she enjoys it as much as I did!

I also did my very first guest post over at Into The Morning Reads.  Click here to read a bit about how I first fell in love with books and then, later, fell in love in a bookstore.  Jenny was also offering a giveaway for a blog makeover at her other blog, Inside the Kaleidoscope, and I WON!  I'm sure you've probably noticed my fancy new blog design -- I owe all this amazingness to Jenny and her incredible graphic design skill.  I have seriously spent the last day just staring at my blog and sighing happily.

And, finally, here are the books that I read this month (click on the titles to read my review!):
Not as many books as last month, but I feel like I savoured these ones a  little more.  Wonder was definitely the best book of the last month (middle great fiction that broke my heart, and then made me believe in the power of love and compassion all over again).  Both Everneath and Article 5 were also phenomenal -- beautifully written and books that I could barely put down.

Hope you've all had a wonderful month of May as well -- did you read anything un-put-down-able?  Are you able to read outside in the sunshine in your part of the world?  Thanks for stopping by my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome new blog design! Love it. your blog looks so neat and professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I've just been staring at it and sighing happily for the last few days. Seriously.

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs