4/2/12

Top Ten Books to Read in a Day

It's time for another edition of Top Ten Tuesday, brought to you by the folks at The Broke and the Bookish (I always feel like writing ... brought to you by the letter B!  It's been a long, long, long day...)  It's not often that I can actually finish a book in one day, but these are the books that I've definitely devoured as quickly as possible, and usually in just a few days.

1. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
Still one of my favourite books of 2012.  I stayed up late to finish the last chunk of the book, then had to stay up even later talking to my husband and getting him to make me laugh so that I'd stop crying.
 
2. The entire Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
No, not read ALL of them in a day, but these are all books that can be devoured quickly for sure!

3. Twilight Saga - Stephenie Meyer
As badly written as these were, I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning finishing each one.

4. The Hunger Games series - Suzanne Collins  
Again, up until the early hours of the morning because I just couldn't put the book down.

5. The Golden Compass - Philip Pullman
I actually read almost the entire book in one sitting, on a beach, forgetting to flip over and apply more sunscreen.  Addicting book = nasty sunburn =(

6. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane - Kate DiCamillo
This is one that I KNOW I read in one sitting, then read again to my husband while we were driving to Alberta.  And I was in tears at the end each time.

7.  Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
I feel like this book is on every single one of my top tens.  But seriously.  One of the best books of all time.  I am about to buy my sister-in-law a copy, just so that she'll give me my copy back.

8. The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson
This was a book that I wanted to read in one day, but I had to force myself to read it slower since it's SO epically beautiful and deserves to be savoured.

9. The Eyes of the Dragon - Stephen King
I read this in a couple of days, but I remember my then-boyfriend, now-husband coming home from work when we lived in Burnaby and asking how my day was.  I was reading out on the porch in the sunshine and told him to shush and go away because the book was so amazing and I couldn't put it down.  It was his recommendation and he fully understood.

10.  The Truth About Forever - Sarah Dessen
Now that I've reached the end of the list, there are about 50 more books that I want to include, but I'll have to go with the first Sarah Dessen novel that I ever read.  I read this while I was working at Bolen's and I'm pretty sure I read the whole thing in a day.  After finishing, I spent the rest of the summer reading everything else she'd ever written.

Which books have captured your heart and forced you to devour them in a single day?  Leave me a link to your post and I'll stop by to visit!

17 comments:

  1. I was the same way with my first sarah dessen book (Just Listen)... oh and I gotta Read The Fault in Our Stars! I feel like the only one on this planet who hasnt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great list! I have read most of these and loved them. There is nothing better than finding an excellent book that you don't want to put down.
    My Top Ten Books!

    Happy Reading!
    Amanda @ Sisters Unedited

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read each of the Harry Potter and Twilight books in a day as well but didn't put Twilight on my list :) Great list!
    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, just popping in... Oh yeh Harry Potter is a "Oh my gosh I can't stop reading this book!"

    :) Here is my choice...
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol. Totally agreed with The Fault In Our Stars. I cried my eyes out on that book and my friend just sat there just laughed watching. Awesome list=D


    Drop by my Top 10?
    http://www.tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-10-books-to-read-in-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Melissa. :)

    I love your list! The Hunger Games, The Golden Compass, Harry Potter...lovely!

    Have a happy Tuesday. :)

    Ree @ Literary Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED 'The Gargoyle'! So beautiful and unique and not at all what I was expecting!

    New follower :-) x

    My TTT: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-books-to-read-in-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so with you on the Harry Potter books. It would take about a week to get through all seven titles. ;) I've heard really good things about The Gargoyle and The Fault in Our Stars. Thank you for sharing and for stopping by! Love the art of your blog, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read Before I Fall, I loved delirium and I am hopefully gonna read the second one soon Great Choices!

    My TTT: http://youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahaha good call on the Twilight series.. I forgot about that.. I really did finish those quite quickly as well...

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list. I love HP, Dessen, and basically everything else on this list. And the rest I'm dying to read.

    Here's Mine

    ~Danica Page

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Fault in our Stars in on my ever-growing TBR pile. Love your list.

    Here's my Top Ten. Would love for you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Harry Potter, ofcourse <3 All time love :D

    The fault in our stars & Before I fall are high on my list!

    Twilight made me a bit sad.. I hate those books :')

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-10-tuesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay yes. To all of that. Fantastic list. I totally agree with all the series you have, even Twilight which is total crack sealed to your hand until you finish them. I'm planning to carve out a day for TFioS some weekend, and I'll make sure to book in time for the bf to cheer me up. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. This..... yes, this... "As badly written as these were, I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning finishing each one." [i.e.: The Twilight Saga]

    *hangs head in shame*

    Yes, me too. UGH. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog on Tuesday. Sorry I'm a bit late. But I agree about Twilight - they're so bad, yet so so good. And, of course, I totally agree about the Fault in Our Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, great choices! I've been wanting to read The Gargoyle since it was first published. It seems like such a beautifully-crafted book. I'm glad to know you enjoyed it as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs