4/23/12

Top Ten All Time Favourite Characters In Books

It's Tuesday and time for another Top Ten Tuesday post, hosted by the people over at The Broke and the Bookish.  I love this week's theme: top ten all time favourite characters!  In no particular order, they are as follows...

1. Hermione from the Harry Potter books ... because she made being book smart cool.
2. Astrid from White Oleander ... because my heart broke along with her struggles and I couldn't tear myself away from that book.
3. Marianne from The Gargoyle ... because a woman who loves a man through multiple lifetimes is just the coolest heroine.
4. Simon in the Mortal Instruments series ... because the story is supposed to be all about Jace and Clary, but I personally prefer Simon as the slightly geeky underdog competing for Clary's attention.
5. Ada in The Poisonwood Bible ... because of the way she sees the world in palindromes.
6. Stargirl in Stargirl ... because she's STARGIRL.
7. Rhine in Wither and Fever ... because her story and struggle is epically beautiful.
8. Macy in The Truth About Forever ... because, although I love all of Dessen's heroines, no one has quite stolen my heart like Macy did at the end of that book.
9. Edward in The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane ... because he has to learn how to LOVE.
10. Death in The Book Thief ... because no one else has narrated a story in quite the same way.

12 comments:

  1. This reminds me... I need to read Poisonwood Bible and White Oleander again. I loved those books so much. And The Book Thief...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Simon! So many good books with great characters.

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermione for the win!!! Great post, and you have a new follower as well! Would love it if you could check mine out: My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hermione and Death are great characters! I have chosen different characters from these books for my list but I love these two too!

    My TTT: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-characters-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The White Oleander, I've just added The Poisonwood Bible to my TBR List as I love Palindromes.
    New Follower
    http://www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-all-time-favourite.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this list - some of my favorite characters are represented, like Simon & Hermoine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Stargirl. I have got to go reread that book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES for Simone, Hermione, Astrid, Ada and Death! As for the rest ... I haven't read the books. :P

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! We have one in common. I must definitely make a plan to read White Oleander.
    Feel free to visit my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Astrid and Death as well and your right no one tells a story like Death does.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SAD to say I haven't read most of these books but I do have to say that I LOVED Hermione & Rhine both. They are two (oddly opposite) characters that exhibit bravery & confidence in their own ways. Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautifully written list :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs