It's Tuesday and time for another Top Ten Tuesday post, hosted by the people over at The Broke and the Bookish. I love this week's theme: top ten all time favourite characters! In no particular order, they are as follows...
1. Hermione from the Harry Potter books ... because she made being book smart cool.
2. Astrid from White Oleander ... because my heart broke along with her struggles and I couldn't tear myself away from that book.
3. Marianne from The Gargoyle ... because a woman who loves a man through multiple lifetimes is just the coolest heroine.
4. Simon in the Mortal Instruments series ... because the story is supposed to be all about Jace and Clary, but I personally prefer Simon as the slightly geeky underdog competing for Clary's attention.
5. Ada in The Poisonwood Bible ... because of the way she sees the world in palindromes.
6. Stargirl in Stargirl ... because she's STARGIRL.
7. Rhine in Wither and Fever ... because her story and struggle is epically beautiful.
8. Macy in The Truth About Forever ... because, although I love all of Dessen's heroines, no one has quite stolen my heart like Macy did at the end of that book.
9. Edward in The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane ... because he has to learn how to LOVE.
10. Death in The Book Thief ... because no one else has narrated a story in quite the same way.