4/21/12

TBR Intervention [2]



TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge (although it's been a couple of months since I last posted), which is hosted by Dani@RefractedLight , Ayanami@Whatever you Can Still Betray and April@Books4Juliet

I did it!  I finally finished my first TBR Intervention challenge book!  Well, I actually finished it last week, but I forgot that it was my TBR intervention book until a post showed up in my Twitter feed this morning.  I read I Am the Messenger (my review is here), which has been sitting on my shelf for probably over a year.  I read The Book Thief YEARS ago, and ordered a copy of I Am the Messenger because I loved Zusak's writing so much.  While I liked I Am the Messenger a lot, it didn't wow and amaze me in quite the same way that The Book Thief did.

Next up for this challenge will be ... *wanders away to gaze at bookshelves* ... Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.  I signed up to do The Lit Bitch's Outlander challenge this year and, if I don't get started on the series, I won't be able to read more than one!  I've had this one sitting on my shelves for well over a year, possibly even two years.  Even my mom has read this book already!  Plus, Evie @ Bookish said that she might read this book with me =)  If she's got time in between her review books?

4 comments:

  1. Hope you can finally start with this series.
    And wow! I such a great reading mom! lol!
    Good luck and Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard really good things about The Outlander series and it seems like everyone has read it but I haven't read it yet. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so NEED to continue reading THE BOOK THIEF. Everyone seems to love it and i wOnder why i even stopped reading that book?!? What's wrOng with me?! Hmm..

    Good luck with Outlander :) i heard it's good. I think it's on my TBR too. Oh well, lots of books tO read... Good luCk to us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Book Thief is one of those books I'm constantly running across but have never picked up for myself. Sounds like I need to. :) I'm sorry you didn't enjoy his other book quite as much.

    And Outlander. another book I've been told I should read, and I actually picked it up for free on Kindle a year or so ago... just need to find some time to sit down with it :)

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs