4/6/12

Follow Friday [1]



This is my first time joining up with this feature, but I thought it would be a great way to meet some new bloggers!  Follow Friday is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee -- two bloggers whose blogs I have loved for a while now.  Check out both of their sites and join in on the fun!

Question: Have you ever bought a book because of a bad review?

No, I have not.  When I buy books, I usually choose those that have had the best reviews since, if I'm going to spend money on a book, I want to make sure that it will be worth it.  If it's a book that I'm not sure of, I'll usually just borrow it from the library.  That way, if I don't like it, I haven't wasted any money!  Although, if I end up LOVING the book, then I'll sometimes buy books that I've already read, since I just have to own a copy.  A prime example is Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver -- after I finished reading it, I immediately ordered a copy from Chapters.  It's a book that's just too pretty NOT to own!

You can follow my blog via GFC in the right sidebar.  Please leave also me a comment and I'll come visit your blog!

11 comments:

  1. I do the same if I've read a book from a library and turned out loving it too!
    & hi,I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I usually go the free route until I see that I like it to shell out money! Following!

    Check out my ebook giveaway if ya get a chance too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a copy of Divergent since #2 is coming out soon I wanted to reread it before. It was so good I didn't mind buying it. My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower!! I usually but books based on the subject and interest in the author!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your blog title! New follower, saying hi from the hop! Lady Bluestocking@3500WordsPerPound

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome!

    I'm the same way. Why would I spend money on a book I'm not sure of? I want to buy the best books!

    My follow friday Hope you'll swing by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm exactly the same way. I am addicted to looking everything up on Goodreads before I purchase it. I read reviews and make sure it sounds like something I'll be interested in. I will check out a library book if it has a bad review, but purchase, no.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your answer, I am pretty much the same way most of the time. But, there have been a few times where I just couldn't stand it and I had to see what the negative hype was about. Lucky for me, it worked out and I ended up liking the books. But, I don't actively seek out books with bad reviews all the time. I just buy the books that I'm dying to read the most and then check the rest out from the library or borrow from a friend.

    Love your blog, definitely a new follower for sure.

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Follow & Feature Friday!
    The Immortal Rules Giveaway!
    The JLA Covenant Series Swag Giveaway!
    H A P P Y R E A D I N G ! ! !
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally the same way. Great post and great blog! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Until I got my Kindle, I pretty much only got books from libraries and occasionally second-hand in charity shops. I couldn't afford to read as much as I like if I had to pay full price for every book!

    Following from FF - sorry it's taken me a while to get round to you! It's my first week joining in, I hope you might have time to visit my FF post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to FF! Sorry for the late comment. I am wary of buying books that I'm not sure I'll love too. I get most books from the library.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs