3/28/12

Fever - Lauren Destefano

It's hard to find the words to describe this book, which is the same feeling that I had after I finished reading the first book in this trilogy, Wither.  Lauren Destefano is truly a master of both storytelling and language, and she weaves together the plot and the imagery in such a beautiful and seamless way.

The best way that I can think of to describe this book is a comment that I made to another blogger: it seemed like one big, drug-induced rave party for the first half of the book or so, and then the story really kicked into high gear.  I don't want to give anything away, but Rhine's adventure is so colourful and vivid, and filled with such an interesting group of characters, that I found it hard to tear myself away from the book until I'd savoured the last few pages.  To echo the statements of nearly every other reviewer thus far, I really can't wait to see what happens in the next book in the series!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs