2/14/12

Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart a Little

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Although my husband and I don't usually celebrate Valentine's Day (for us, every day is Valentine's Day), he totally surprised me by sending a quartet to serenade me at work.  Although I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or die of embarrassment at the time (the entire office was watching the four tuxedo-clad men sing love songs to me!) it was a pretty unique experience.  And my husband is pretty much the coolest husband that a girl could ask for.  Plus, he made dinner AND did the dishes afterwards!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke & The Bookish.  In no particular order, here are the top ten books that broke my heart a little:

1. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
2. White Oleander - Janet Fitch
3. The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson
4. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane - Kate di Camillo
5. The Neverending Story - Michael Ende
6. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
7. The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
8. The Truth About Forever - Sarah Dessen
9. Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling
10. The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom

5 comments:

  1. Oh I would have died,of embarassment having to sit there and listen to those singers in front of everyone!
    That is quite a list. I have read a few but some I need to check out! Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a great day Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that's hilarious! But so romantic. :D I think I would have died or embarrassment, too. :P

    Great list, Melissa. I have yet to read TFiOS, but everyone seems to love it so I'm looking forward to it. And Before I Fall is a great book! It completely broke my heart a little, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of your hubby!
    Sounds like a wonderful if not hilarious Valentine's Day :)

    Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince broke my heart a little too :( +New follower :)

    -Kimberly @ www.turningthepagesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwwww that sounds so sweet!!! Anyway totally want to read Before I Fall from your list :) Great choices :)

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    Int. Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments! My husband is a sweetheart, and usually doesn't do such over-the-top things, but it definitely made for a good memory. Hope you all had a good heart day too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs