2/3/12

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

I finished this book last night, but couldn't wrap my head around my thoughts on it until today (and if I'd tried to type a review, I wouldn't have been able to see the computer screen through the tears).

It's hard to really put a John Green book into words: his books are an experience.  His characters are so real and so well-developed that you feel like they're your friends sitting next to you on the couch, sharing in the magnificence of the story.  I think that the outstanding character development is just one of the many reasons that I was sobbing by the end of this book -- I didn't want to let them go.

The storyline is just incredible and the hours and pages flew by without me even realizing that I'd been reading for so long.  It's been a while since a book has sucked me in this way, grabbed hold of my heart and refused to let go.

I'm not really too sure what else to say, so let me leave it at this: you must read this book.  It's a book that will make you laugh, smile, cry and leave you begging for just one more chapter, just one more moment with these characters.  In fact, I'll share just this: when I finished the book, I had tears streaming down my cheeks and I turned to my husband and said, "I need a hug."  I feel like words can't accurately describe the experience of reading this book, so you'll just have to see for yourself.  And, trust me, you won't regret it.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely review. I will add this book to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that you like it, Heidi! I'll be watching for your review =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the very first book I am going to read when I am done with my current book! I understand what you mean about not wanting to let go of a character, and it's been forever since I have had that experiance so I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by one of my older reviews! I hope you like it as much as I did ... and I hear that there's a movie version in the works too!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs