1/11/12

Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

Everyone has these ... authors that you've read everything they've ever written, and then you sit patiently waiting for them to publish another book.  Another great Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the amazing folks over at The Broke and the Bookish!

1. Andrew Davidson.  Author of the mind-blowing book The Gargoyle.  The book that made me cry, broke my heart, mended it and then broke it all over again.  Some of the most beautiful, heart-wrenching writing that I've ever read and HE ONLY WROTE ONE BOOK.  And, even worse, this book took him NINE YEARS, which means I still have at least seven more years to wait for another book.

2. Janet Fitch.  I loved, loved, LOVED White Oleander.  I was a little disappointed in her second book, but I also recognized that the subject material was a little too dark for beach reading, so I have resolved to give it a second try at some point.  I want another book that will capture me the way that Oleander did -- Fitch made prose into poetry and my heart soared along with her writing.

3. J.K. Rowling.  I WANT MORE HARRY POTTER.  Doesn't everyone?

4. Lauren Oliver.  I know, I know, she's writing more books.  Pandemonium comes out in a month and a bit, but it's just not soon enough.  I want it NOW.

5. Ann-Marie MacDonald.  I first read Fall on Your Knees in university, for one of the best women's studies classes of all time, then fell in love with The Way the Crow Flies a few years later.  And then nothing since then.  When will you wow us with more of your brilliant storytelling, Ms. MacDonald?

6. Suzanne Collins.  The Hunger Games series was brilliant.  I hope that she will write another series that will be as mind-blowingly awesome as this series was.

7. Wally Lamb.  Another author of three books that I have loved, loved, loved, each for their own reasons.  He seems to average about a book every six-ten years.  *sigh*

8. Stephenie Meyer.  I loved the Twilight series, like almost everyone did.  I also loved The Host.  I know that she's probably busy with the last movie, but then I think it should be back to the writing desk Ms. Meyer!

9. Barbara Kingsolver.  She seems to be writing non-fiction essays lately, but I want more books like The Poisonwood Bible or Prodigal Summer.  Wow.  Just wow.

10. Sarah Dessen.  Every book that she writes turns to gold, but I've read them all.  Some more than once.  So I need another one!

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness... Poisonwood Bible and White Oleander. And aye to Hunger Games and Harry Potter...

    I got Delirium in the mail today. It's my "speculative" genre book for my YA Services course book list. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we have a lot of the same favourites =)

    Can't WAIT to hear what you think of Delirium!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs