12/31/11

TBR Intervention [1]



This is a meme that will be both fun AND productive!  Thanks to one of my newly discovered, and super cool, blogs: Books 4 Juliet.

The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS.

Here are the rules:

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one). 
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
3. Grab the button from Books 4 Juliet's page; add your own list to her linky as well!  (I'm supposed to add these to my own page---I think---but I'm not technologically savvy enough to attempt that!)  And happy reading to you all and to all a good night!

My first TBR Intervention book will be Marcus Zusak's I Am the Messenger.  I loved The Book Thief so much and I am honestly a little surprised that I have had I Am the Messenger on my shelf for so long, yet I still haven't read it!

4 comments:

  1. So I am opposite of you. I read I Am the Messenger but the Book Thief is still on my TBR. I can tell you that I Am the Messenger was wonderful! After you finish I would love to hear what you think of it.

    Shanan
    My review of it: http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2011/09/book-addict-reviews-i-am-messenger-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    I hope you had a beautiful Christmas season. I am so so glad that you're joining us in our TBR IC. It's a small group but it's amazing how everyone's encouraging each other to keep going. It's tough to keep up and finish a committed book most of the times, but the girls here are awesome and very supportive. I hope you'll enjoy this meme, and be productive as well. We're happy to have you in the group. Welcome! =)

    I haven't finished The Book Thief. I've started it a few months ago. I hope I can find time to finish the book because lots of readers loved it. Good luck with I AM THE MESSENGER. I'm looking forward to your review. I hope it's as good as it sounds. I haven't heard about it, but knowing it's Marcus Zusak's then it must be good. =)

    Happy New Year to you! Have a great year ahead and good luck with your books!

    Hugs, April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the TBR IC! I hope you'll manage to tackle and tame your TBR monster! (we'll be cheering you on all the way, promise!)

    I have to admit it, I haven't heard of Zusak's books... but I checked GoodReads and it seems like you made a great choice! I hope you'll like it :)

    Happy reading!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...thanks guys! Haven't started reading it just yet (got another big pile of library books to work through first) but I will soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs