12/2/11

The Luxe - Anna Godbersen

This book was like a snuggly warm blanket on a cold, wintry night.  If it wasn't for work this week, and my final project for school, I would have devoured the entire book in one afternoon -- and it's over 400 pages!

The best way to describe this book would be as follows: Gossip Girl meets Jane Austen, with a Pretty Little Liars type twisted storyline.  The book has that gasp-at-every-chapter-ending quality that I love about Pretty Little Liars, plus the essence of Jane Austen's time, but reads just like the Gossip Girl books (but no one teeters or wobbles in their heels).

The gorgeous dresses on the covers were one of the main reasons that I wanted to read this book and, in this case, it is definitely okay to judge a book by its cover.  The story is truly as luxurious and decadent as the cover is.  I'm eagerly waiting for the arrival of book 2 at the library.  Here's hoping that I will be done my final exam as well so that I can read the entire thing in one sitting!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, this one has been on my TBR pile since forever. I really have to get it somewhere and start with the reading. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful though: you could easily lose an entire afternoon in this book. It'll suck you in, so make sure that you have a clear day to read it =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs