12/2/11

For the Love of Reading

Directions: Create a new blog post. Write an introduction. Copy and paste the meme below into your blog, changing the comments to your own. Use the title of this meme in your subject line or create your own.

What have you just read?
I just finished the most recent book in the House of Night Series, Destined.

What are you reading now?
Currently about halfway through Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children... it's creepy, mysterious and SO GOOD.

Do you have any idea what you'll read when you're done with that?
I have a big stack of books from the library, one of which is Darkfever, which has been highly recommended by some of my GoodReads friends lately.

What's the worst thing you were ever forced to read?
It's a toss-up between two books that were part of some American lit courses that I took in University, Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian and William Faulkner's Absalom, Absalom.

What's one book you always recommend to just about anyone?
Lauren Oliver's books.  All of them.  I could read them over and over and over.

Admit it, sadly the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don't they?
I'm not sure if they actually know my name, but there are a couple who smile and say hi when they see me.  But I've only been going to that library for a year or so, so it's not like the library I grew up in.

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don't like it at all?
Hmm... I recommend books to a lot of people, but I can't recall anyone telling me after the fact that they didn't like them.  Either I give good recommendations, or people just don't want to tell me that they don't like my recommendations =)

Do you read books while you eat?
No, but I do like to curl up with a book and something warm to drink, either tea or coffee.

While you bathe?
Nope, but I'm not much of a bath person and it's pretty hard to read in the shower =)

While you watch movies or tv?
I do read while my husband watches the sports highlights.

While you listen to music?
No, unless it's just soft classical music in the background.

While you're on the computer?
Other than reading blogs online, no.

When you were little did other children tease you about your reading habits?
Absolutely!  I was shy, with big glasses and my nose perpetually stuck in a book.  It hurt at the time, but now I'm proud of the fact that I'm a book nerd.

What's the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn't put it down?
I don't think I've stayed up late reading since I read the Twilight series, but I have been making a point of going to bed earlier so that I can read for longer before I fall asleep.

Have any books made you cry?
Absolutely -- those are my favourite kids of books!  Two that immediately jump to mind are The God of Small Things and Pay it Forward.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I will totally steal this survey in the following days. You don't mind right? ^^

    Aleksandra @ My Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all -- I found it on another blog, but unfortunately forgot to note where it was that I found it, so I can't give credit where credit is due. It was the perfect blog posting for a drizzly cold Saturday afternoon, while taking a break from reading for a while =)

    Can't wait to read yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs